Privacy & data protection
Responsible for processing the data: West Recycle – Esperantolaan 16b, B-8400 Ostend – email@example.com, hereinafter referred to as “West Recycle”.Applicable law
This privacy statement applies to the processing of personal data of our members and former members, sponsors and former sponsors, visitors to our website www.westrecycle.be (hereinafter referred to as “our website”), public relations and persons who contact us for information.Categories of processed data
Depending on the relationship we have with you, we may process the following categories of data:
- (company) data: name, first name, gender, language, position, address, telephone (landline and / or mobile phone), e-mail address, legal form, VAT number / company number,
- Information that you provide us voluntarily (e.g. in the context of registrations on our website and / or questions you ask) and
- Information regarding the pages you consulted during your visit to our website.
We may also receive information relating to you from third parties (e.g. through companies specialising in data commercialisation) that we use to update your information or to send you personalised advertising.Use of your data and legal basis
With your permission (legal basis: art. 6a/b/c/f of the privacy legislation) we collect and process your data for various purposes. This in the context of the request for a quote or the execution of your agreement, on the basis of our legitimate interest (either in the context of the promotion of our products and services through direct marketing, or in the context of our economic activities), to comply with the legal obligations to which we are subject and on the basis of our legitimate interest in the visibility of West Recycle with regard to our public relations.
Your data is collected and processed for these purposes:
- to answer your questions, through our website or any other communication channel,
- to be able to send you our newsletters that you have registered for or to process your participation in our events, training courses or competitions and
- if applicable, to manage your account,
- for general membership management and related activities, in particular to send you information about the activities organized by West Recycle or general information relating to the association’s corporate purpose,
- for accounting purposes,
- to inform you for marketing purposes about our products and services, possibly based on your marketing profile,
- for sponsorship requests,
- to centralize, combine and enrich your data using information from external partners,
- to contact you in the context of market research for West Recycle services,
- to improve our products and services,
- to prepare statistics and trend analysis for financial, management, marketing, and reporting purposes and
- for the prevention and combating of fraud and abuse, management of disputes and legal proceedings, the recovery or assignment of claims and the protection of our rights in general,
- to send you our press releases or other useful information about West Recycle, its corporate purpose and its members,
- to contact you in connection with applications addressed to the competent legal authorities and
- for requests for sponsorship or participation in our events as a speaker or participant.
You can withdraw your consent at any time (see “exercising your rights”)Retention period of your data
Your data remain stored in our database if you do not withdraw your consent.Can your data be transferred to third parties?
Your data can be passed on to third parties in the following cases:
- to our subcontractors, in the context of the services they provide for us (e.g. external call centres, advertising agencies, IT service providers …). They only process your data following our instructions,
- to our legal successors, if any, and
- to certain authorities in the context of compliance with our legal obligations.
Your data may be transferred to countries outside the European union, particularly when we work with Facebook/Google/Twitter/LinkedIn … In such cases we will make sure that the processing of your personal data is adequately protected in accordance with specific contractual obligations and in accordance with privacy legislation regulations.How do we protect your personal data?
We make every effort to take the necessary technical and organizational security measures that are appropriate and necessary for the protection of your data and the respect of your privacy and to prevent loss, misuse or alteration of the data processed by us.What rights do you have? How can you exercise these rights?
- your right to access and correction: in accordance with privacy legislation regulations, you have the right to access your data included in our database. You also have the right to request us to correct incorrect information about you or to supplement incomplete information,
- your right to withdraw your consent: if the processing of your data is based on your consent, you can withdraw it at any time,
- your right to object: you can always object, without giving a reason, to the use of your personal data (i.e. request that we no longer use it) for direct marketing purposes, as well as against its use for the preparation of marketing profiles. You also have the right to object to the transfer of your data to third parties for direct marketing purposes,
- your right to be forgotten: You have the right to request that your data be completely deleted from our database in the cases specified by law,
- your right to restriction of processing: in the event of a dispute regarding the processing of your personal data, you can request that the processing thereof be restricted. In this case, we will no longer use your personal data until the dispute is resolved and
- your right to data portability: Finally, you have the right to the portability of your personal data that you have communicated to us yourself. In such cases, your data will be transferred to the recipient specified by you.
You must exercise your rights in writing. We reserve the right to ask you to provide us with proof of your identity (to prevent us from disclosing your personal data to other persons). You can send your request to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you send us your request by e-mail, we will also answer it by e-mail, unless you instruct us otherwise.
In accordance with privacy legislation regulations, we process your request within a period of 30 days from the moment we have all the elements necessary for processing it. If your application is complex, this period can possibly be extended by a maximum of two months, but in such cases, we will inform you in advance.
You can also always contact the Data Protection Authority, Drukpersstraat 35, 1000 Brussels or by e-mail to email@example.com.
Cookies are small data packages that are downloaded to your device by the website you are currently visiting. When you visit this website again, cookies ensure that your device is immediately recognized. By using cookies, this website can temporarily store information about visits and visitors. Various types of cookies can be used per visit.What can cookies be used for?
Cookies make a visit to a website a more personal experience, for example by:
- showing relevant navigation settings,
- remembering visitor preferences,
- improving the overall user experience and
- limiting the number of ads displayed.
The information collected by West Recycle through cookies is only used for the following purposes:
- enable a smoother use of the website (among other things because certain information, for example during access control, does not have to be repeated),
- to further investigate the way in which the site is used and
- under no circumstances shall the information an individual user views or prints be checked. The aim is to collect statistical information that should allow us to optimize the website.
Cookies can be removed from the hard drive by disabling them through the settings of your browser; the proper functioning of the website can then no longer be guaranteed in all circumstances.
West Recycle, with registered office at Esperantolaan 16b, B-8400 Oostende, company number and VAT number BE0720.650.018.General
This website is intended to provide general information about West Recycle.
Although West Recycle makes every effort to provide information that it believes to be current and correct, it doesn’t guarantee its adequacy, accuracy, comprehensiveness or topicality, nor does it guarantee that the website is comprehensive or suitable to be used for a specific goal.
Moreover, West Recycle can in no way be held liable for any direct or indirect damage that could result from the access or use of the content of this website or any website referred to via hyperlinks. Unless otherwise specified, the information on this website should not be considered as a quote for the sale of products or services, or, in general, for entering into a contract.Hyperlinks
The website may contain hyperlinks to websites of third parties. These are only communicated to the user for the purposes of information. West Recycle has no control over the content of these websites and can in no way be held liable for the existence of these websites, nor for the information contained therein. Furthermore, the existence of these links does not imply that West Recycle agrees with the content of these websites, and the inclusion of these links does not imply any collaboration between West Recycle and the operators of these websites.Copyright
The website, including text, layout, graphic elements, presentation, logos and other elements of this site, is protected by the intellectual property rights of West Recycle or its information suppliers, such as copyright, neighboring rights, database rights and trademark rights.Applicable law